Thursday, October 21, 2010

THE HOBBIT HAS A GREEN LIGHT!!! (But it doesn't... but it does... but OMG!!!)

Such EXCITING news this week regarding "The Hobbit" films. We FINALLY have a green light. Kind of. Here's what's been going on over in New Zealand...





This next video pretty much explains what's going on in those first videos. You can clearly see Peter Jackson's emotions over the whole thing and I love how he is fighting for this. I swear every day I gain more and more respect for this man. I hope that Warner Bros. will see that New Zealand is the proper location to film these movies and that these are the people that should be working on it...



Although I will be absolutely heartbroken if these films are lost to New Zealand, the one thing I CAN say that I am EXTREMELY excited for is the actor chosen to play Bilbo Baggins... MARTIN FREEMAN. YES!!! For those who are unfamiliar... he plays "Tim" in the original BBC version of "The Office". And also for those who are unfamiliar with the English version, he is the equivalent of "Jim" in the American office. And for those of you who haven't seen the BBC version of "The Office".... SHAME ON YOU.

This is just a quick clip of Martin Freeman from "The Office" when he quits. And the episode it's from is so brilliant...



Don't you think he looks like a young Ian Holm??? I can't WAIT to see the first official stills of him in costume!!! The names have also been announced for several of the dwarf characters that go on their adventure with Bilbo and Gandalf although none of the names sound familiar to me. But I figured it would be that way with those characters. And as far as I know, Ian McKellen and Andy Serkis are still on board to play Gandalf and Gollum. YAY!!!

The thing that is so great about this is that I'm gonna be around for the WHOLE process!!! When I first got into The Lord of the Rings, I didn't really get fanatical about it until after I saw the first film. I did get excited for it the first couple of months up until the release but since I didn't know anything about Lord of the Rings, I missed out on all the hoopla that was the production and promoting for the films. THIS time, I'M ALL OVER IT!!! So this is VERY exciting for me!!! WOO-HOO!!!

And of course, I will be blogging about it all along the way so if you read my blog and you don't know anything about "The Hobbit"... NOT TO FEAR!!! I will provide you with all relevant news regarding the production. And to tell you about how awesome Peter Jackson is. Because he is, in fact, awesome. And I'm "Team Peter Jackson" by the way, regarding all of that union crap that's going on. GO PJ!!!

Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Hi Sara, you know I remember like it was yesterday when I saw The Hobbit, the cartoon -- the cartoon changed my life. It had such a deep affect on me. I'll always remember it as a marker in my life so I'm super excited about the movie and I love Peter Jackson so I know he'll do a great job.

    I love when people get passionate about their art but I have to say, I'm lost still, WHAT exactly is the issue?

    politics and money have no place in interfering with the creation of GOOD ART!!!!

    Love the choice for Frodos! Yay!!!!!

    After what was done to The Lion the Witch and the Wardrobe, and with Harry Potter ending, I need another good classic to come to life on our screen. Thanks for sharing, girl!!!

    ReplyDelete