Thursday, September 23, 2010

PASSION... WE NEED MORE OF IT!!!

After posting my previous blog entry on my weekend in L.A. I had SO MANY comments from friends and family that were so heart warming and touching. But I also had many negative comments that were not very friendly and pretty much unnecessary.

I don't know why people feel the need to make those kinds of comments. They varied from "crazy" to "over the top". Which has made me come to realize... society is always confusing "passion" with "obsession".

For those that know me, they know that I am not crazy or "obsessed". I am a normal human being that lives a normal life. I work and pay my bills just like everyone else and just like everyone else I have those things in my life that I love and that make me happy. So what is the difference between them and me??? I show it. I have NO PROBLEM talking about the things I love and why I love them. And for whatever reason, that makes some people uncomfortable.

So, having said that...

What is wrong with passion??? What is so wrong with expressing yourself and letting the world know what makes you happy??? Why should we have to contain those things that make us happy and never talk about it??? Why is it "over the top" because I am passionate about it???

I looked for a film school in New Zealand and lived there for a year because I love Lord of the Rings so much. Is that crazy??? I spent one thousand dollars to see Paul McCartney in concert three times. Is that over the top??? No one said anything about those things when I did them. They only had good things to say and they were so excited for me.

Is it because it's Michael that they don't like it??? They have their right to not like Michael but I should not be judged because I do. It could be because Michael is just one person whereas The Beatles were part of a group and The Lord of the Rings was a huge group of individuals that created something amazing. It may seem like "hero worship" or "idolizing" to some. Well I do not worship Michael and he certainly isn't an idol to me. He is someone that inspires me and makes me want to be more creative just like The Beatles and The Lord of the Rings.

The level that these other two passions have had in my life are along the same level as my passion for Michael. No more, no less. Yet why do they feel the need to say that this one is "over the top"???

These things make me happy and I like to show people how happy they make me. So because I show it to everyone and don't keep it inside like everyone else does with THEIR passions, I am considered crazy and obsessed. Why???

There is a girl I know who is completely in love with Jack White from The White Stripes. When she talks to me about him I see a spark in her eye that I'm sure people see in me when I talk about my passions to them. I have had people tell me that they now look at movies differently because of the way I talk about them. To me, that is AMAZING.

People need to show their passions more. I feel that a life can change when you can find something that makes you so happy you want to scream it out loud to the world. If more people were passionate, this world would be a better place.


A friend of mine suggested that I post this here...

Not Everyone Deserves a Front Row Seat.

Life is a theater – invite your audience carefully.

Not everyone is healthy enough to have a front row seat in our lives.

There are some people in your life that need to be loved from a distance. It’s amazing what you can accomplish when you let go, or at least minimize your time with draining, negative, incompatible, not going anywhere relationships / friendships!! Observe the relationships around you.

Pay attention….Which ones lift and which ones lean?
Which one encourages and which ones discourage?
Which ones are on a path of growth uphill and which ones are going downhill?
When you leave certain people, do you feel better or feel worse?
Which ones always have drama or don’t really understand, know or appreciate you?

The more you seek quality, respect, growth, peace of mind, love and truth around you, the easier it will become for you to decide who gets to sit in The FRONT ROW and who should be moved to the balcony of your life.You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you are around!

Remember, everyone does not deserve to occupy a front row seat in your life – adjust accordingly!

- Unknown

If people don't like reading my blogs and how I write them or what makes me happy then you don't have to read it or like it. Read something else that YOU like and not something you won't talk about cause you don't feel comfortable expressing it to the world.

And on a side note... when the last Beatle, Steven Spielberg or Peter Jackson dies, I will be JUST AS devastated.

If you've read this far... STAY TUNED FOR MORE PASSIONATE BLOG ENTRIES!!!

Photobucket



Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Awwww Sara, loved it!!! To be passionate and inspired is to be ALIVE!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its ok to be who ever you want to be! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go girl! Love, Auntie L.

    ReplyDelete